1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

I'm exhausted today!

Discussion in 'Retirement' started by lindenlea, Jul 24, 2011.

1. lindenlea

lindenlea Star commenter

Think I've come out in sympathy with our working brothers and sisters. Had a busy but very pleasant week but at lunch time I just nosedived and slept or messed about on here most of the afternoon.
    Enjoyed two talks at the Buxton festival - Melvyn Bragg on his book about the King James Bible on Friday and Roy Hattersley on his book on Lloyd George this am. it was a real treat to be in the Opera House and the Pavilion gardens looked so nice. Our drive to Buxton is spectacular, through the Derbyshire hills. How lucky am I.
    Hopefully I'll have a bit more get up and go tomorrow 'cause I have got to get up and go out early to CAB.
    Two years ago, just after retirement, life seemed uneventful and slow. I know I have really slowed down but that's a good thing, and you will never hear me saying that I'm busier than when I was working, but this summer has been great.

2. Sounds great lindenlea so far I have not slowed down - all manic here decluttering and gardening as house on market since yesterday and it is only day 3! OH and I even went to the cinema this afternoon (a rare occurence) to see Harry Potter but I was a bit disappointed with it.
    Hope you feel a bit more lively tomororrow :)

3. lindenlea

lindenlea Star commenter

Moving house - how exciting. What's the plan - nearer family, downsizing, upsizing, going somewhere lovely ? I know I'm nosey but I get very excited about moving house - I'd like to move nearer family but the OH won't and tbh it would be hard to replicate all the things we've got here.

4. main idea is a sort of escape to the country but a country town where I have roots nearby in the churchyards mainly- beautiful Sussex. My only close family live overseas. We no longer need to be in commuter belt Surrey with all the back garden building and lack of relaxing pursuits. Don't think it will be much of a downsize as we need a studio for OH to paint in and still have an office to run his business as well as a hobby room for me!

5. lindenlea

lindenlea Star commenter

We love being able to walk into town. It's one of the best things about our present home.

6. Yes that will be one of the big positives to such a move.