1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

I'm Confused! Levelling work to points instead of sublevels-help please

Discussion in 'Primary' started by tysoe1, Feb 13, 2012.

1. I teach Year 6 and have always levelled work to the sublevels i.e 4c, etc but we have all now been told that we have got to level to the points system. I've always been led to believe that the points were only relevant for Foundation and KS1 until they reach the NC levels and that they then go onto the levels and sublevels. So have never had to use points, where do I get the points from and how do I calculate them? Grateful for any help or advice.

2. CarrieV

CarrieV Lead commenter

Levels have always had a points value attached to them. So for example 2b is 15 points, 2A is 17 and 3c is 19 all the way up to 5A being 35 points. I suppose using points instead of sub levels means you can use sub-sub levels, ie 18 points is a 2A+
    if you are used to levelling against sublevels I would continue to do that and then convert to points at the end with the odd sub-sub level throw in just to show you are using them!

3. Thanks for that (and for being so prompt!). Where do i find the equivalent points scale that tells me what each sublevel equates to in the points? I like the idea of continuing to use the sublevels and then converting to points but need to know what to convert to.

4. queenlit

queenlit New commenter

Raiseonline

5. FenellaF

FenellaF New commenter

A 1C is 7 and 8, then follow on, so a 1B is 9 / 10, 1A is 11/ 12, 2C is 13 / 14 and so on until you get to a 5A, which I have no idea of unless I work it out because I'm in Year 3! A 3A is 23 / 24