1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

I'm confused about the new (well, one year old now) specifications for AQA A Level Economics

Discussion in 'Business studies' started by cat_girl_1984, Sep 8, 2016.

1. cat_girl_1984

cat_girl_1984 New commenter

http://filestore.aqa.org.uk/resources/economics/specifications/AQA-7135-7136-SP-2015-V1-2.PDF

Hello,

Having recently started teaching the first cohort of students in year 13 on the new specification I am a bit unsure about it. When I look at the second year of the course, much of the content is word for word identical to the content we covered in year 12. Why is this? Do I teach it again? I have gone through the AS course and the second year and highlighted all of the content that appears only in A Level course, do I stick to this in the second year? My colleague teaching AQA Psychology believes this to be the case and it would seem to make sense, but neither of us are very sure. I've contacted AQA but if anyone has and thoughts in the meantime...

Any insight into this would be amazing.

Thanks

Cat Girl :)

2. kenickie

kenickie New commenter

Yes - you will only need to teach the parts you have not covered in the AS.

The AS and A-level are now separate qualifications, so if you taught the AS qualification last year you now only need to add in the parts for the A-level that you did not teach.

That is why it is probably easier just to teach it as a two year linear course, in which case you would then just follow the A-level specification (because it already includes the AS content).

3. bonjovifan35

bonjovifan35 New commenter

I'm taking the opportunity to revise all the yr12 content at the start of each module. So far it is working well with my synoptic thinking taking place and leading into the new content. I'm finding the Hodder workbooks invaluable for this.