1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

I'm back!

Discussion in 'Jobseekers' started by Lara mfl 05, Oct 17, 2011.

1. Lara mfl 05

Lara mfl 05 Star commenter

Oh poor you thomsonpts!
    As you say pressure to prepare for interview is temporarily delayed but any disappointment is still a disappointment and the pressure is only delayed.

2. TheoGriff

TheoGriff Star commenter

I suppose that they mean that they don't have to consider you as a priority - people with permanent contracts will probably have to be considered as otherwise they are made redundant.
    That is very disappointing for you, and I must say that I admire the cheerful spirit that you are showing.
    You are now more experienced at the JobSeeking. Also (and I hate to say this to the other people) actually being in a job can sometimes be an advantage. But you are still facing unemployment after 31 August, so should start re-reading all the advice and even possibly considering forking out some money (you have a salary now!) on a seminar or a 1-2-1 with me, to give yourself that extra push.
    Best wishes
    I do Application and Interview one-to-ones, and also contribute to the Job Application Seminars. We look at application letters, executive summaries and interviews, with practical exercises that people really appreciate.
    www.tes.co.uk/careerseminars
    I am timetabled for the October 22nd Win that teaching job seminars - see you there!

3. Patontheback

Patontheback New commenter

Thanks both of you. Yes I will definately do a seminar and read all the advice again. It's good because we have a whole day inset from an outside agency on jobseeking on Friday, and I can join this and it's free!