1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

I'm back...and I need a favour

Discussion in 'Cookery' started by egyptgirl, Feb 24, 2011.

1. egyptgirl

egyptgirl Senior commenter

Does anybody have an unbaked cheesecake recipe that is plain? It's my cousin's birthday next Thursday and he's going to be in London so I invited him to spend the day with me because I got stupid and soppy about him being alone? He is a fruit and chocolate phobic who may as well have not taste buds because he doesn't appreciate tasty food.

2. egyptgirl

Does anybody have an unbaked cheesecake recipe that is plain? It's my cousin's birthday next Thursday and he's going to be in London so I invited him to spend the day with me because I got stupid and soppy about him being alone? He is a fruit and chocolate phobic who may as well have not taste buds because he doesn't appreciate tasty food.

3. You mean like a Philly floating on clouds thingie?
    If he hates fruit and chocchie why not tempt him with a German baked cheese cake?
    Can you see Beth swooning already?....

4. egyptgirl

He won't eat baked cheesecake...
    I'm fine with the digestive base but its the filling that's stumping me at the moment..or maybe its just the jetlag

5. RJR_38

RJR_38 New commenter

I would just mix a bit of philly light and cream fraiche (you could use full fat philly but I find it too rich) and then maybe some lemon juice/lemon zest for a bit of flavour? If he's lemon phobic too what about just vanilla pods/essence?

6. BelleDuJour

BelleDuJour Star commenter

Give him ice cream and be dine with it!

7. egyptgirl

If I thought I could get away with it, I would!

8. Or philly and dble cream. Get the philly to room temp or it will fight you combine, spread, bung in fridge!
    50:50 on the creams and tis done!

9. RJR_38

RJR_38 New commenter

I love the way I go for the low fat version - philly light and cream fraiche and you go for the full fat - double cream and full fat philly. Guess who tries to cut out/down on desserts?? hehe

10. I only recommend the full fat version.
    I MAKE the low fat. Sometimes low fat philly and dble cream if it's a birthday!
    Honest! It's only ice cream that has to be full fat, or why bother. And I prefer granita's or fruit slushies......

So why am I still fat ??? Mmmmmmmmmmm!