1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

I'm a teacher with QTLS. I have a job at a PRIVATE secondary school and college. HELP

Discussion in 'New teachers' started by u10352561, Jan 10, 2012.

1. I'm trying to begin my NQT year. I need my teacher reference number. (t.r.n)

However, the college in which i did my PGCE have told me that my PGCE qualification doesn't give me a teacher reference number! I have BA and MA degrees, and a PGCE.
    After my PGCE, I was a head of department f/t cover supply teacher. I couldn't begin my induction then either as I wasn't too sure as to whether to register as an instructor with the GTC.

It's all very frustrating, as I want to begin my NQT year.

Does anyone know when QTLS will convert to QTS? Will this mean that i get a T.R.N?
    Does anyone know if I have to be registered with the GTC? (Although, as I have
    QTLS, I will have to register as an instructor?) Will this affect pay?

Is my PGCE Certificate number my t.r.n?
    Is my I.F.L membership number my T.R.N?

HELP........

It seems I need my T.R.N number to be able to enrol on an NQT induction programme.

Thanks

2. I'm trying to begin my NQT year. I need my teacher reference number. (t.r.n)

However, the college in which i did my PGCE have told me that my PGCE qualification doesn't give me a teacher reference number! I have BA and MA degrees, and a PGCE.
    After my PGCE, I was a head of department f/t cover supply teacher. I couldn't begin my induction then either as I wasn't too sure as to whether to register as an instructor with the GTC.

It's all very frustrating, as I want to begin my NQT year.

Does anyone know when QTLS will convert to QTS? Will this mean that i get a T.R.N?
    Does anyone know if I have to be registered with the GTC? (Although, as I have
    QTLS, I will have to register as an instructor?) Will this affect pay?

Is my PGCE Certificate number my t.r.n?
    Is my I.F.L membership number my T.R.N?

HELP........

It seems I need my T.R.N number to be able to enrol on an NQT induction programme.

Thanks

3. mflnqt

mflnqt New commenter

My TRN was given to us at the start of PGCE after we had registered with the GTCE as Student Teachers.It came through the post. It is also on my QTS Certificate. Mine starts with 09 as i started the PGCE in Sept 2009. What is QTLS?

4. Georgia99

Georgia99 New commenter

The school who have employed you know that you do not currently hold QTS so I wouldn't worry too much. My two FE qualified teacher colleagues (QTLS) tell me that they are registered with GTC as instructors at the moment but they are both currently completing QTS, which involves obtaining evidence for the Q standards. They cannot do the NQT year (induction) until they have evidence in order to obtain QTS (despite having QTLS they still must do this). They obtained a teacher reference number once they started collecting towards QTS, this was all organised by the school.
    However, I do work in a state secondary. At the moment it has been recommended that QTLS be accepted in school, but until the actual reforms are in place I don't think you can register with GTC as a teacher until you have achieved QTS.

5. Hi I am in the same boat this is very confusing at the minute as different areas are allowing different things LEA. I hold QTLS and I have a trn number call the GTC give them your name amd NI nuimber abd they will give it to you apparently when you complete your pgce your infornation gets sent GTC whether it be secondary or FE. I needed my nuimber for the same thing and now I am on the induction programme. Hope this helps!!