1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

I'm a non-believer, what do I put as my faith on a faith school application?

Discussion in 'Jobseekers' started by princess_lola, Jun 13, 2012.

1. Morning,

I'm currently applying for a super job at a RC school. On the application form it asks for my faith. What is the best thing to put? Non-believer, agnostic? I don't want to sound dismissive of religion, as I'm not.

Thanks in advance...x

2. Lara mfl 05

Lara mfl 05 Star commenter

Is this a simple 'word answer' or part of an explantion in your application? If the latter something along the lines of 'Whilst not having a personal faith, I would have no problem fully supporting the ethos and teachings of the Roman Catholic Church' (only if you would of course! ) If the former you may have to put 'agnostic'.
    Do wait and see if someone else has better advice though.

3. Yes, it's a simple word answer, and was thinking agnostic sounds less dismissive than non-believer. Actually, the latter doesn't accurately describe one's faith really, does it? More like a lack of faith!

Thanks for the advice re: the supporting statement too - much appreciated...x

4. TheoGriff

TheoGriff Star commenter

Agnostic (or Atheist) - but prepared to support school ethos fully
    If you can fit that in on the form. Just to set your stall out clearly at every stage.
    And do have a look at this thread which may also have some useful advice for your supporting statement:
    Dear Theo et al - Evidence of Christian commitment
    Tip for next time: If you would like an answer from me too, do put Dear Theo as part of your title. When I am pushed for time, I give priority to those that do.
    Best wishes