1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Illustrators of music, lyrics or poems connected with conflict?

Discussion in 'Art and design' started by holytoast, Feb 21, 2012.

1. Hi, looking for some suggestions about illustrators/artists who have illustrated lyrics or poems - I am doing a theme of Conflict with year 9, we are going to use the song 'War, what is it good for?' by Edwin Starr and use imagery inspired by the lyrics to illustrate a section of it - I am going to keep it simple, with line/pencil drawings combined with colourful abstract backgrounds inspired by the music combined with text from the lyrics - but am looking for artists to analyse - they don't have to be well known, I have a range of war and collage artists they have already looked at, along with Kandinsky.

Anyone know of artists I could use?

Thanks in advance!

2. Lottes

Lottes New commenter

Guernica by Picasso.... is a good one to analyse for War, but I'm struggling with the lyrics/poems artist. Chris Ofili 'No Woman No Cry' uses the song title in his tribute to Stephen Lawrence.