1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

ill dog

Discussion in 'Personal' started by endoftheroad, Feb 28, 2011.

1. endoftheroad

endoftheroad New commenter

I know in the scheme of things, my problem is very trivial, but I just need to write it down. I have recently retired and enjoying life but my dog has had a couple of fits and I'm in bits. I'm watching him constantly. I've had him 9 years, he's about 11 and a very much loved dog. I keep going into delayed shock!!!!

2. ljr

ljr New commenter

I'm so sorry, I completely understand. I have a fourteen year old Jack Russel who has a heart condition - I know exactly what you mean, you watch them all the time. All we can do is to make sure that they are comfortable and well loved.

3. What has the vet said?
    It is horrible when a pet is ill, but there is so much more in the way of treatment for animals now to keep them comfortable and maintain their quality of life.

4. lurk_much

lurk_much Occasional commenter

I hope your dog does okay.
    I don't understand why we don't have an NHS for cats and dogs and horses. They are obviously way better than people.

5. Shifter

Shifter New commenter

6. Can the vet prescribe something for him? Fits can be controlled, can't they? I do hope so.
    It hurts to see our beloved animals so poorly, doesn't it?

7. endoftheroad

endoftheroad New commenter

The vet was quite optomistic, put the dog on diazepan, could do with some myself!!! Thanks for all kind messages

8. bombaysapphire

bombaysapphire Star commenter

Try some Bach rescue remedy. If you get the spray you can use it on the dog too!
    Glad to hear the vet was optimistic. I just need to think about something happening to one of my beloved dogs to well up. No wonder you were in bits. I hope things improve from here [​IMG]

9. I just want to send you some hugs really. My dog is 5 and I fairly regularly have nightmares that she has died ad just imagining life without her is enough to make me cry. I adore her and would give up almost anything else in my life rather than lose her so I can imagine just how terrified and worried you must be feeling. I hope she perks up soon x

10. I know exactly how you feel. I have just lost mine after 14 yrs and hoping each day will get better. He was my mate and came everywhere with us. Love is love, its not trivial because its a dog. I really hope your dog improves, I'm sure he will he is just a youngster! Good luck!x