1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

IGCSE's vs GCSE's

Discussion in 'Thinking of teaching' started by yesness, Jan 28, 2011.

1. Hi, My husband is looking to go into Secondary Teaching but studied his GCSE's in Spain- therefore gaining IGCSE's. Can you tell me if they are equivalent to GSCE's. I ask because he got a D in Maths so wondering if there is any chance they have a greater weighting! Wishful thinking I reckon but worth asking :)

Many thanks :)

2. Hi, My husband is looking to go into Secondary Teaching but studied his GCSE's in Spain- therefore gaining IGCSE's. Can you tell me if they are equivalent to GSCE's. I ask because he got a D in Maths so wondering if there is any chance they have a greater weighting! Wishful thinking I reckon but worth asking :)

Many thanks :)

3. Hello,
    Call the admissions of any course you are interested in to get the definitive answer. Check they accept IGCSE English and science too. My university did NOT accept IGCSE English.
    Call admissions on something so important!