1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

iGCSE Physics - Schemes of Work

Discussion in 'Science' started by OrangesnLemons, Jul 18, 2010.

1. Anyone have any links to good resources for Yr 9-11 schemes of work for iGCSE Physics (or similar), or would some kind person be able to let me have sight of theirs?
    Went for an interview today at a school which is only just accepting a yr 9-11 intake and will be getting a second interview in the next couple of weeks. If I get it, I'll be the only physics teacher and will have to prepare all the schemes of work etc for the whole iGCSE course by mid-September so would like to show the Head that I am on the case!
    (I'm a 'returner' to physics teaching so don't have access to existing resources).

2. hcb

hcb New commenter

Edexcel or Cambridge?
    I've been teaching the Edexcel double award physics section and physics over years 10 and 11. I'm happy to send you what I've been doing, but the spec has just changed and i'm switching schools and moving to AQA gcse instead so won't be updating my resources..

3. Oh that would be fabulous, would be a place to start anyway!
    I think I might have a say in whether Edexcel or Cambridge - but in case I don't, I figure I can start where the two syllabuses overlap
    I will PM you my email address.
    Thank you.

4. briggs1209

briggs1209 New commenter

I teach Edexcel IGCSE and have some basic sow if required

5. Thanks. I have PMd you my email address.

6. Geethapriya

Geethapriya New commenter

Could you kindly mail a copy to me? ... salgado.g@gmail.com

7. Hi, I would be really greatful if you could share these IGCSE Physics SoW with me also. My e-mail is jonathan.andrews@braeburn.ac.ke. Thank you so much.

8. Could you please send me a copy of the Physics SoW as well. I am a Biologist that has been roped into teaching Physics.

Thank you
    claudiavowles@hotmail.co.uk

9. http://mrsimonporter.wikispaces.com/ - I think I am in love with this man

10. Could you please forward this to me. My email address mwsabi@yahoo.co.uk

11. can i also get an email with this igcse physics sow? pretty please

my email bigfatbelly@hotmail.com

12. NCSexton

NCSexton New commenter

Keith Taggart has a very useful site of physics resources, made my returning a bit easier. There is a section for igcse as well as a copious A Level section.

13. hcb

hcb New commenter

Which exam board? If Edexcel, let me have an email address and I'll send you what I have.

14. Can anyone here let me know how the iGCSE compares to AQA Chemistry, Biology and Physics? I am looking at mainly the number of A* and A and the C/D borderline students.

Thanks

15. I am a new Physics teacher. Can you please email me the SOW for IGCSE Physics on naomi.aubeeluck@hotmail.co.uk? Thanks

16. thattallteacher

thattallteacher New commenter

any IGCSE Cambridge results would be appreciated

dmclough87@gmail.com

17. Any resources for IGCSE edexcel physics would be greatly appreciated!

Can return the favour with AS/A2 resources.

fletchy118@hotmail.com