1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

IGCSE Physical Education - 1st time

Discussion in 'Physical education' started by gazwhit7, Apr 17, 2012.

1. I have taken my school into the first year of the IGCSE Physical Education.
    I have taught GCSE before but not through Edexcel and not internationally. I was just wondering if there were anyone with more experience in this than me who could help me out on how to do the controlled assessments etc.
    I also have a couple of other queries regarding the PEP. I have some information that says they do not need to do one anymore and others that say you do. My children have completed them as I thought it was a good way of teaching them the training principles anyway.
    Also, does the Duke of Edinburgh award count towards getting their final grade? I have a student studying the short course and if he was able to use his Duke of Edinburgh bronze award to get him good grades then he would only have to add one other sport.
    Is there any generic assessment sheets when judging a pupil in their individual sport?
    If you can help with any of these, I would be really grateful.
    Thanks!

2. tam246

tam246 New commenter

Hi I was wondering how you got on with the IG syllabus? I have just changed from Edexcel to Cambridge and as far as I am aware you don't need to do a PEP. I read that its a coursework here they analyse their own sports?

Also did you use the DofE? If so, how???

Thanks

Tam

3. mrjack

mrjack Occasional commenter

I am very interested in this too, what are the main differences between IGCSE and the GCSE ?

Many thanks

4. There is a great igcse website with tailor made GCSE Physical Education resources for the CIE board. www.a-pe.co.uk

tam246 likes this.