1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

IGCSE Maths Textbooks

Discussion in 'Mathematics' started by missmuon, Mar 22, 2011.

1. missmuon

missmuon New commenter

Thank you in advance for your replies!

2. How vastly different is IGCSE? I'm afraid it's not something I'm up to speed on. Is it that the style of questions is different or just that the topics are different. I'd be interested to hear from the OP their experience of doing IGCSE.

I'm afraid I don't have knowledge of any resources that specifically target the IGCSE, I just hope any books out there are a whole lot better than the ones produces by the big publishers for GCSE.

3. bbibbler

bbibbler New commenter

I have replied to this on the Overseas forum.

To Sara,
    The IGCSE still maintains much of the rigour that used to be in the O Level, I feel that it is about 2 grades harder than what I was <strike>teaching</strike> delivering when in the UK,

But over here, it is a pleasure, the kids love maths and teaching is just fun.

4. Many thanks bbibbler, a very interesting thread on Overseas. Teaching here is still fun, other aspects of the job are not!