1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

IGCSE ICT - Recommended books?

Discussion in 'Computing and ICT' started by bennydcfc, Jul 12, 2011.

1. Hello!
    I'm going to buy some books on this course before I head off to Bangkok, just so I know I'm all clued up!
    Is this the best one?
    Pearson Publishing's Students Handbook for ICT:IGCSE
    Are there any books for teachers of the course?
    Any help would be greatly appreciated :)
    Benny

2. Hello!
    I'm going to buy some books on this course before I head off to Bangkok, just so I know I'm all clued up!
    Is this the best one?
    Pearson Publishing's Students Handbook for ICT:IGCSE
    Are there any books for teachers of the course?
    Any help would be greatly appreciated :)
    Benny

3. I found Pearson's Student Handbook a useful sourcebook of information for students - but to get more out of it, you need to supplement it with exercises of your own. There is also an accompanying CD covering the practical skills required for the exams - I wouldn't recommend you buy the CD yourself, but it's the sort of resource I'd expect a large, well-resourced international school to already have.

Another book you could look at would be the newer one by Chris Leadbetter and Stewart Wainwright. My main reason for mentioning this is that it is published by Cambridge, and you are expecting to follow the CIE IGCSE. The Student Handbook was written to try to cover both the Edexcel and the CIE courses.

However, for teacher support material, what would be of more use to you at this point than any other resource, is the CIE Teacher Support website. If you haven't been given a username and password yet by your new school's examinations officer, it may be worth contacting the school and asking them to do so.

4. Thanks for the advice! I'll wait until I see what the school has got until I consider investing.

I've emailed the school to try and get a username and password.

Thanks again!

Benny