1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

IGCSE History

Discussion in 'History' started by timdargan1965, May 18, 2015.

1. We have recently opted to do IGCSE history at St Ninians. Anyone out there have any resources they would like to share or any advice they would like to give? We are happy to reciprocate. Cheers Tim

imypenny likes this.
  2. LMRinKL

LMRinKL New commenter

Which board? Which routes?

3. ollieGetgoLearning

ollieGetgoLearning New commenter

HI there Tim.

We have just set up an website which has been designed to cater to IGCSE's, have a look at www.getgolearning.com, There is a free 30 day trial, but if you want more we can sort that out for you.

4. StuartRatcliffe

StuartRatcliffe New commenter

adferg likes this.
  5. LMRinKL

LMRinKL New commenter

Edexcel or Cambridge?

6. imypenny

imypenny New commenter

Hi guys,
    I am starting a new school in september and plan on starting Cambridge IGCSE, so any help would be gratefully received and ill share likewise. I am planning to get a textbook (out of my own pocket so if anyone knows any websites where to get a cheap second hand one that would be great- the cheapest i could find was £20!)- any opinions on which is better...Walsh or Cantrell (links below)
    http://www.bookdepository.com/book/...VZ4FQ1A8Z3T1&gclid=CIT74r3Fos0CFTUo0wodGwEBMQ
    http://www.bookdepository.com/book/...11LLFFA8Z3TQ&gclid=CNGumN3Fos0CFTUW0wod-s0IAw

thanks for revision guide stuart- looks great
    imran

7. FrankWolley

FrankWolley Star commenter

Ask your new school which they use, and if they can lend you one for the summer.

8. imypenny

imypenny New commenter

Thanks frank- they currently don't do IGCSE, I am introducing it, so they don't have copies and the current budget is empty.

9. FrankWolley

FrankWolley Star commenter

Then I'd ask on this forum:

https://schoolhistory.co.uk/forum/index.php?act=idx

as you really need to get up to date advice, and make sure you choose the right book.

10. matryoshkadoll

matryoshkadoll Occasional commenter

We are using the Walsh textbook. To be fair, when my son did his GCSE in the UK - he used the Walsh book as well (for GCSE) and it was recommended by many history teachers. I have a copy of the new Walsh book and it is very good with excellent guidance on writing exam answers.

Hope this helps.

M

11. hannahbanana13

hannahbanana13 New commenter

Yes agree, Walsh is very good. Even the one for OCR Modern World (depth studies and core content) works well for IGCSE - just bear in mind the different assessment.
    I am teaching Edexcel iGCSE for the first time from this September and believe my new school use this. Think there is also an excellent website - Mr Rudd history?

12. Alexkerr

Alexkerr New commenter

If anyone having issues with Changing Nature of Warfare or The Vietnam Conflict, I’ve written one book and the other will be released soon.