1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

IGCSE French textbook?

Discussion in 'Modern foreign languages' started by amtrousset, Jul 12, 2010.

1. Hi,
    I am going to teach in September the new IGCSE from Edexcel for French but I am still pondering about what textbook to use. If you are teaching it or have taught it, which textbook would you recommend?
    Thanks in advance

2. Hi,
    What country are you teaching in? I work in Geneva & have been successfully using Expo for KS3. I have bought Expo 4 Higher for iGCSE. Not all of the exam specific material is relevant, but it has plenty of extended texts to stretch the most able (francophone!) pupils.
    Hope this helps!.

3. spsmith45

spsmith45 New commenter

Tricolore Total 4 would be a good fit with IGCSE. It has just been updated, but is still dominates by target language, unlike some other courses.

4. I know this was a year ago - I'm in the same position. Can I ask what you used and if it was a good choice?

5. I have been using Equipe Dynamique for the past 2 years and I find it very convenient for IGCSE level.

6. yasf

yasf New commenter

I second ET4