1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

iGCSE English Language

Discussion in 'Workplace dilemmas' started by Medusa10, Dec 14, 2019.

1. Medusa10

Medusa10 New commenter

Firstly, thank you to everyone who replied to my previous post regarding entering private candidates. I have been advised by the local college to enter the home educated children I tutor for the iGCSE English Language exam. I am based in Wales and most schools use WJEC. Does anyone know of WJEC offer the iGCSE? I have been unable to find the information on their website. If not, which exam board would you recommend? Thank you

2. sbkrobson

sbkrobson Star commenter

No they don't; as far as i know it's just AQA and Edexcel, but I havent actually looked at that this year, maybe it's different now.
    What is the reasoning behind doing iGCSE?
    There is a general acceptance that it is "easier"
    Make sure the parent knows of this perception, for longer term study/employment plans for the child, if any.

3. gainly

gainly Lead commenter

Wales is different from England and the GCSE still includes coursework (or whatever it's called now) so I think they would have to do iGCSE. My comment about no coursework on the other thread assumed they were in England.