1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

IGCSE - Edexcel or Cambridge?

Discussion in 'Art and design' started by Wolfiefish, Aug 24, 2011.

1. Wolfiefish

Wolfiefish New commenter

I have had 2 years of horrific results from Edexcel. (The pupils are not that bad). Two pupils who should have received an A grade or a B, both got a C grade. The rest got lower than a C.
    I have been teaching for 15 years and have noticed that the marking of work has slowly got worse. Marking seems inconsistent from year to year.
    I'm getting really fed up with it all now. I don't really understand what A grade work from a 15 year old is supposed to be like anymore. What used to get an A grade 4 years ago only gets a C now.
    So my question is, Do I give up teaching Art and teach Maths instead?
    No that's not the question. Do I stick with Edexcel for another year or do I swop and go back to the Cambridge exam, which is twice the work for the kids?
    Ho Hum

2. This year I had a sudden and unexpected drop in my IGCSE Cambridge grades, particularly in the Critical and Historical paper, after 13 years of teaching this subject. It seems all the boards have marked down. Has anyone else had this experience with Cambridge?