1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

iGCSE Computer Science Programming Task

Discussion in 'Computing and ICT' started by JaquesJaquesLiverot, Jan 25, 2016.

1. JaquesJaquesLiverot

JaquesJaquesLiverot Established commenter

I'm supporting a student doing iGCSE Computer Science, but as I don't work for an exam centre I haven't got easy access to the support materials.

Can anyone tell me whether the programming task (i.e. for the programming paper) has been released yet? And, if so, give me a brief description of what it is (to tide me over until I can get the full thing)?

2. TonyGT

TonyGT Established commenter

I got mine just before Christmas as I imagine most schools probably will have.

The exam centre that they are registered at should have given them the copy by now. If they haven't, tell them to get on to it straight away as they're running out of time.

As for the task itself, it all depends what location you are. With international exams they are separated up in to Geographical locations. Location 1 will receive a different pre-release and exam than location 2 etc to prevent students from discussing them as they will be taken at different times of the day. However, saying this, one pre-release is never that different from another pre-release. They always follow the same pattern and test the same skills ("30 of these are doing this. Calculate the average, total, lowest and highest in an array")

3. TonyGT

4. TonyGT

Sorry for the appalling quality. Bad scan, which is why I also needed to put it as a picture and not a vector text

5. JaquesJaquesLiverot

Excellent, thanks!

When is the exam, then? Is it not in the summer with the others? As you can tell, I'm new to this course!

6. JaquesJaquesLiverot

Sorry - I forgot to add that I'm in the UK.

7. TonyGT

Yeah the exam's in the summer. Think it's one of our last ones