1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

IGCSE Cambridge Paper 3 2010 october november

Discussion in 'Computing and ICT' started by dhellam, Jan 21, 2012.

1. I'd go for the route of facetiously explaining that the question tests to see if they have an attention span longer than that of a goldfish.

In the preceding questions they have been taken through the exact process they have to follow with a different range of

data. Now, they have to do the same, but enter the corresponding months' codes and also define the ranges for the

corresponding countif() and sumif() functions in order to make life easier for them.

I'm also nice though - I'd make sure they understand that out of the five marks awarded for the chart they are expected

to create from this data, only one mark is for actually getting the numbers right. To be fair, it does seem an awful lot of

extra work for one mark, when you compare it to the marks given in the earlier parts of the paper.