1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Igcse Business Studies / Economics

Discussion in 'Business studies' started by chorton1984, Aug 25, 2011.

1. Hi all,
    I have recently obtained a job in the Middle East teaching igcse Business Studies and Economics. I am by trade a Geography Teacher, however after completing a masters in management and the many overlaps between socio-economic geography I feel I have the enthusiasm and knowledge to suceed. I am however stumped when it comes to SoW for igcse and fear that I have no starting point - and therefore i would appreciate your help! If anyone would be able to discuss the igcse SoW for the subjects or even show me the schemes that you work to I would be so so grateful.
    Regards,
    Chris

2. Hi all,
    I have recently obtained a job in the Middle East teaching igcse Business Studies and Economics. I am by trade a Geography Teacher, however after completing a masters in management and the many overlaps between socio-economic geography I feel I have the enthusiasm and knowledge to suceed. I am however stumped when it comes to SoW for igcse and fear that I have no starting point - and therefore i would appreciate your help! If anyone would be able to discuss the igcse SoW for the subjects or even show me the schemes that you work to I would be so so grateful.
    Regards,
    Chris

3. Suggest you have a look on the website of the exam board you are expected to deliver as they often have a suggested SOW. You could compare this with other exam boards as some are better ththan others at giving suggested activities.
    What would be a real strength is to get local business contacts involved in various aspects of teh curriculum e.g. customer service, finance. People in buisiness can help students gain a real insight into these topics.

4. The scheme of work for the Cambridge IGCSE in Economics is on the Teacher Support website (link to it on the right of the qualification page).
    Kevin

5. is there something similar for IGCSE Business Studies?

6. @sajsan: Are you doing the CIE or Edexcel course? A former colleague of mine maintains a website of IGCSE Business Studies resources., aimed at the CIE syllabus You may find something there that may help, or at least be able to contact her and ask her opinion on where you could look for something more suited to your needs.