1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

IGCSE Art exam- plastic envelopes

Discussion in 'Art and design' started by canadian chica, Apr 22, 2009.

1. This question is directed to any art teachers out there in international schools who teach the IGCSE art program or perhaps teachers doing the GCSE art exams?
    My co-ordinator gave me a bunch of large (A2) white plastic envelopes for the exam- I have never seen these before and they came with no instructions. Does each students art exams just get placed in these and they simply are mailed like that? Are they placed individually or all together? (My school does the Observational and Interpretive exams)
    Previously, I have packaged the artworks myself between two large pieces of cardboard and shipped that off.
    Any advice greatly appreciated!!!

2. This question is directed to any art teachers out there in international schools who teach the IGCSE art program or perhaps teachers doing the GCSE art exams?
    My co-ordinator gave me a bunch of large (A2) white plastic envelopes for the exam- I have never seen these before and they came with no instructions. Does each students art exams just get placed in these and they simply are mailed like that? Are they placed individually or all together? (My school does the Observational and Interpretive exams)
    Previously, I have packaged the artworks myself between two large pieces of cardboard and shipped that off.
    Any advice greatly appreciated!!!

3. I recently took over from a teacher here and the work came back individually wrapped in plastic wallets, so that is what i will do. I hope that helps. Can you help me? I really do not know what to do with assessing the work as it develops, like at the end of the project how do u assess what grade they are at? what does your school do? Any help appreciated...I am the only one in my department.

4. I teach IGCSE the work is packed in the envelope, we put each students work in a paper folder with their name on it in very large letters plus their candidate number we then pack the work in the plastic wallet and send it off to Cambridge