1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

IFL Payment - what are the unions' position on this?

Discussion in 'Further Education' started by marshal, Feb 10, 2011.

1. Rural Business Training schemes!

2. Oh! Every time I press return I post. Sorry about that!

3. Well, read this bit then:
    “teacher” means any person who provides education at a further education institution under a contract of employment or a contract for services, other than a person who is employed by the institution on an occasional basis to provide updating on current commercial, industrial, or professional practice
    so there you go, I'd say two sessions a year are 'updating on current commercial, industrial, or professional practice'

4. Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!
    **beats head against wall**

5. Never heard of them - SFA funded?

6. Nope
    she educates... and I suspect does so in more places than our college.
    However she does not earn a lot from her teaching.... but is definitely
    not involved in CPD or similar. She does what many yoga instructors do.... and even they can be IfL'd!!
    And surely your cheffy friends are imparting skills in a private capacity and so are, broadly speaking, working in the skill sector even if not through the SFA. Just like our butcher.
    And Rural Business things are all over the place - different names in each case, and yes, SFA!