1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

If you were future you, what would you tell past you?

Discussion in 'Personal' started by Milkandchalk, Jan 9, 2011.

1. It wasn't scary, but I was glad to move out of that house! I was the last to move out and had to spend the last night there alone. Did not like it at all.

2. kibosh

kibosh Star commenter

Whaaaat!!! Not scary? I would have been scared witless. This is RL scariness, not films. I get spooked when my cats become alert and seem to hear things I can't hear. It's compounded by the fact that they stare into space and seem to focus their gaze there, like they can SEE something I can't.

Sorry for yet more hyjacking [​IMG]

3. Dunno, I guess because it wasn't constant. When there was a knocking on my door and nobody there, all I did was go downstairs to my housemates sitting in the sun outside and demand to know which one of them thought it was funny to play a trick on me. It was only when they said that neither of them had been inside and nobody had been past them that I got a bit spooked.
    That said, when there was banging (like cupboards being opened and furniture being moved) from the room next to me, and I knew there was nobody in there I didn't go and have a look! And I hated going down into the spooky basement. The washer and dryer was down there, and I'd only go in daylight, or if somebody was in the house.
    It was more... worrying than scary. Whatever was there wasn't malevolent towards us girls. The lad who moved in later in the year just ignored it and the two Yorkshiremen felt that the house hated them, but they didn't live there, so it didn't bother them too much. We came to the conclusion that it was a Yorkshireman hating ghost.
    Maybe we should start a ghost story thread Kibosh?

4. anon468

anon468 New commenter

Okay, so I'm not kibosh, but I say YES!!

5. magic surf bus

magic surf bus Star commenter

I'd go back in time to the swimming pool I used to work at as a teenager, on a specific Saturday evening in 1977. I'd walk up to myself as I stood on the poolside wearing three inflatable rubber rings I'd taken from the swimming club storeroom and I'd say to myself "That back somersault you're about to attempt - DON'T".

Apart from that I think I'd leave the rest as it was.

6. Milkandchalk

Milkandchalk New commenter

Oh no surfbus. What happened?

7. magic surf bus

magic surf bus Star commenter

What happened?

A trip to Casualty, stitches in head, parents' night out ruined, much mirth and merriment among my workmates. A complete waste of time for all concerned. I should never have done it, and it added nothing to my personality, outlook, or experience bank ;-)

8. For me:

'He's not enigmatic, he's a boring crunt with absolutely nothing to say.'

slapslapslap