1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

If you were a psychiatrist, who would you pay good money for to be on your couch?

Discussion in 'Personal' started by Duke of York, Nov 12, 2018.

1. sparklepig2002

sparklepig2002 Star commenter

I'm genuinely interested as to why you think this? Have you experienced this at first hand? Do you think this about all doctors or just psychiatrists?

2. Photo51

Photo51 Established commenter

The massive rise in diagnoses and new disorders to medicalise everyday life.

artboyusa likes this.
  3. sparklepig2002

sparklepig2002 Star commenter

How should mental health issues such as depression, anxiety, paranoia, borderline personality disorder, bi-polar, schizophrenia, suicides, etc etc be dealt with?

4. Photo51

Photo51 Established commenter

I had in mind things like disinhibited social engagement disorder, disruptive mood dysregulation disorder and
    social (pragmatic) communication withdrawal

5. Pageant

Pageant Occasional commenter

I would love my husband (the one I left four years ago because of parental alienation) to be on the couch of Lundy Bancroft (author of Why does he do that: Inside the minds of angry and controlling men) and through that, to finally get inside his mind.