1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

If you had to eat...

Discussion in 'Personal' started by doomzebra, Jan 8, 2011.

1. doomzebra

doomzebra Occasional commenter

If someone was forcing me to eat just one food, I'd want them to take a hit financially!!

2. BelleDuJour

BelleDuJour Star commenter

With you on that one DZ!

3. I think it would have to be something I wasn't that keen on or something very plain. Whatever it was, by the end you would never want to see it again so it would destroy your enjoyment entirely.... I would hate to do that to something scrummy

So, I think I would choose celery- wouldn't make me sick!

4. My mum's homemade lasagne, salad, plus chips from her local chippy.
    That makes me sound about 10, but I'm a lousy cook!

5. ... although with my body weight, they may subsequently have to announce a national shortage of mince and lasagne sheets [​IMG]

6. ScotSEN

ScotSEN Senior commenter

Either cheese or a selection of berries

7. Chicken Fajitas

8. Spaghetti Bol with a garden salad, cheese and White wine followed by chocolate melt in the middle thingys with vanilla ice-cream. Maybe some garlic bread.

Or maybe a curry?

Or maybe 50 creme eggs?

It's too hard a decision to make!

9. lilachardy

lilachardy Star commenter

I think a scabby cheap buffet is one of the hardest things to stop eating.
    Pringles just disappear.
    Pasty roll things are moreish.
    Sandwiches can be lovely.
    Goujons.
    Dips!

10. Spanakopita

Spanakopita New commenter

Surely you weigh more than 50 creme eggs.

11. Oh, pastychucker, chicken fajitas have me thinking about Mexican food.... Pork pibil, enchiladas, fajitas, tacos,

Or maybe just fresh, thick White bread with butter and vegemite and a glass of milo with milk

Or a huge roast beef salad roll with chocolate milk or fizzy apple juice

This is too had, especially when hungry :)

12. Activa mango yoghurts

13. tangerinecat

tangerinecat New commenter

Porridge wirh raspberries and blueberries.

I reckon porridge is quite heavy, so I'd have less volume to get through than with, say, Flying Saucers (which would be my second choice).

14. blazer

blazer Star commenter

Black Pudding! Yum!

15. Spanakopita

Spanakopita New commenter

I believe it would be impossible to eat your own body weight in any food in 12 hours.

16. lurk_much

lurk_much Occasional commenter

We never found out if vomiting is banned.

17. ChilePhilly

ChilePhilly New commenter

I reckon that if one had lived in Roman times vomiting would have been positively encouraged. Therefore, that makes it OK to vomit while consuming one's own body weight, as that is positive affirmation of the sheer gorgeousness of the food. And makes more room.

My choice? Sushi. But there would be a world shortage afterwards.

18. blazer

blazer Star commenter

In today's paper there was a story about the bloke who eneded up at 70 stone and apparently was eating 20,000 cals per day. I recall reading somewhere that the human body can only absorb a limited amount of energy in 24 hours and it was significantly less than 10,000 cals which is why Arctic explorers consume something like 7000 cals per day and yet lose weight as if they were in Belsen. Consuming more would not help as their bodies could not absorb it.

19. marshypops

marshypops New commenter

I read that he was planning on suing the NHS for apparently allowing him to get to that weight?? I do hope that I didn't read the article correctly ;)

20. It's not what was widely reported because her family wanted her death to mean something in the fight against drugs and pushed the idea that what happened to her could happen to anyone taking E. It's sad.