1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

If you had someone...

Discussion in 'Computing and ICT' started by webbygeek91, Mar 2, 2011.

1. If you had someone...to completely reinvigurate your school ICT wise, what would you want them to do?

Also, if you have a school website, and you could have unlimited features, what would you ask for?

And if your VLE could do ANYTHING, what would be your dream features?

If you could improve your ICT provision in any way for SEN pupils, how would you if you had unlimited time?

If you didn't have to put any time or effort into running after school or lunchtime IT or Technology related clubs, which ones would you love to see?

If you could have someone come in and train staff in how to use ICT effectively, what would you want out of them, with no limits?

If you could do ANYTHING to make your school more cutting edge technology/ICT wise, what would you want if it was a case of waving a magic wand?

2. If you had someone...to completely reinvigurate your school ICT wise, what would you want them to do?

Also, if you have a school website, and you could have unlimited features, what would you ask for?

And if your VLE could do ANYTHING, what would be your dream features?

If you could improve your ICT provision in any way for SEN pupils, how would you if you had unlimited time?

If you didn't have to put any time or effort into running after school or lunchtime IT or Technology related clubs, which ones would you love to see?

If you could have someone come in and train staff in how to use ICT effectively, what would you want out of them, with no limits?

If you could do ANYTHING to make your school more cutting edge technology/ICT wise, what would you want if it was a case of waving a magic wand?

3. interview?

4. Sort of :) Would appreciate if you could answer them :)

5. magic surf bus

magic surf bus Star commenter

Sack the Network Manager and pass full control over to any technician with a sense of humour who knows what he's doing.

That it publicised the school, provided basic info for parents, was set up by a web design company and was managed and updated by clerical and admin staff only.
    A 'Delete All Unused ****' button and a large red OFF switch.
    Train all the school's TAs in ICT support skills (serious answer, have done it).

No bleeding Powerpoints, and their instant ejection after the first 6 buzzwords.

Replace the entire meddling SLT with a Sinclair ZX81, thus leaving me free to do as I wished with my subject area.

6. Thanks very much,some really useful stuff here:) Please go ahead and add your 2p!

7. Ahh, the words of someone who doesn't have a clue how to use it properly.

8. Lovely :) Anyone else want to add their bit?

9. magic surf bus

magic surf bus Star commenter

There are better ways to ignite a spark than by simply banging rocks together.

10. Come on guys, any more ideas?

11. You mean 'format c:' ?

12. gavcradd

gavcradd New commenter

You see, the thing is that none of what the OP suggests really makes much difference to a child's education, which is what schools are all about. School websites don't need to be flashy, they need provide the basic information that visitors require (course information, teaching staff contacts, maps on how to get there, etc) and someone to check that that information is regularly updated.
    A VLE doesn't need to be flashy, it needs to be able to hold all of the files that students need to access during lesson time. The problem with all of the bells and whistles (ie, being able to allocate courses to students, collecting in work, etc) is that it takes time to set up and keep up to date, time that regular teachers don't have.
    Now the ICT club thing is a good idea - I would love to have the time to run clubs like this. I'd love to offer a techie club (taking PCs to bits, fixing them, installing software, etc) and a programming club (perhaps starting off with Scratch and moving onto "proper" programming) .

13. The really sad thing is when I started we had the time to do this sort of thing, even if we had less hardware.
    A lot of teachers time these days is taken up with pointless activities dictated from the centre AFAICS.

14. Lovely, anyone else have any more opinions?