1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

If you had a TARDIS, where/when would you go, and who with?

Discussion in 'Entertainment' started by CuriousHistory, Apr 24, 2006.

1. Apparently Matt Smith also played one of Billie Piper's tricks in her other series.

Wonder if they cast him because he's got lots of ex-girlfriends/flatmates who can be cast as guest stars, like that scruffy littleScotsman?

Actually, more seriously, wonder if the youth thing will apply to future guest stars? Emma Watson, Anna Popplewell? Rupert Grint? The other one from Harry Potter, whose name I can never remember...

If you and not_so are companions, who would be the Doctor? Can't be me, I'm the Brig. Packer? Bauble? Grandelf, obviously, would have to be Adric.
    [​IMG]

2. Older?? Older?! Physically, I'll grant you - two whole years (Two! Count them! Two!!) but mentally?
    Not a chance.

3. I seem to be ageing faster than you. Can't imagine why.

Which companion would you be? Jo Grant? Mel?

4. Have to share this one. Last week I had visited Canada House. At security, I had to reveal my sonic screwdriver (tucked in special pocket that is larger on the inside than outside, but not scan-proof). French Canadian security man thought it was cool, British security man thought I was taking the p*ss.
    Does this mean Canadians are cooler than Brits, or is it just British security guards who have a humour bypass?

5. ha ha loving it! Would like to have been a fly on the wall for that one!

6. Hi lev, how are you?
    Screwdriver mainly carried for embarrassing my children in public ("Daddy, you are NOT A TIMELORD!") (little do they know). Now I have found another use for it.
    We're a Dr Who-free zone at the moment. Master CH is trying to avoid photos of the next Doctor, to avoid the regeneration scene being spoiled. Could be a tricky year.
    Not looking forward to the first special, because Lindsay Duncan is in it. She's not a bad actress, but she's very political and I just have a nasty feeling it will annoy me. Of course, I could be entirely wrong, and there won't be any "message" in it at all. Hope so.
    Wonder if it was the Sea Devils who really bashed those subs?

Cheers

7. Your experience reminds me of a story my friend told me this week.

A friend of his had been awarded an MBE for services to the community. He went for a very serious job and wasn't really impressed by it all. At one point in the interview they asked him why he had got his MBE - he responded "If I tell you I'll have to kill you!" - wish I'd seen their faces too - it's the sort of thing you would just love to say/do in rela life but never quite ahve the bottle to do!

8. Or you think of them when it's too late. Mind you, that's probably just as well. I've managed a couple, and the persons on the receiving end never forgave me; not a good way to get on with colleagues.

Counting down to return to school [​IMG] I have no sympathy, having had to go to work all week (actually, great, 'cos I could get in early and not have to worry about getting home on time).

Perhaps should use TARDIS to go back a week.

9. Nooooooooooo 'cos that would mean all of the hard work I have done this week would be undone! and I actually feel that there is light at the end of the tunnel now!

10. Ah, but you could take that work in the TARDIS with you, and you'd have another work to do even more.

11. Quick vote among male middle-ages colleagues, and we agree that we should go back and persuade the Doctor he really ought to trap off with the upper-class lady crook.

Some brilliant touches, especially the "At last, guns that work!" line. But U.N.I.T. have got to get rid of those fetish uniforms. Yuk. (and if it is Unified Intelligence Task Force these days, why isn't it UN.I.T., or U.I.T., or U.I.T.F.?)

12. Wouldn't mind getting in the tardis with David Tenant. lol. London WW2 :eek:)

13. Red Dwarf was goo, too. Perhaps we need a Dr Who/Red Dwarf crossover? Or Chris Barrie as the 12th Doctor?

14. Doctor Who tonight. Wonder if he's any good?

15. jazz2

jazz2 New commenter

Ever get the feeling you might be talking to yourself?!

16. Not any more

17. Hi Curious - long time no chat - how goes it? Just got the doctor on now - will report back later!

18. Well that would be just my luck - supplant the lush DT with a whippersnapper I am old enough to be the mother of and then drop the stbales in!

He sounds very like DT which is good for the continuity but bizarre at the same time?

I like the new companion she is feisty, sexy and will give him a run for his money!

19. Strangely, I do not have a problem with the age difference between myself and Amelia Pond.
    Niced to see Patrick Moore and Annete Crosbie being put in touch. Now he's retired, he needs a new hobby.
    The teaser trailer looked very interesting. Winston Churchill? And a Dalek in Britsh markings?