1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

If you had a TARDIS, where/when would you go, and who with?

Discussion in 'Entertainment' started by CuriousHistory, Apr 24, 2006.

1. I've always wanted one.

Think I'd go back to 1815 and persuade the New England colonies to secede from the Union, thus ensuring Britain stayed top nation for a lot longer.

Nyssa, Tegan, Ace - any other volunteers

(the next episode is set in a school and has Giles from Buffy as the HT - wonder what the satirical sub text will be?)

2. I've always wanted one.

Think I'd go back to 1815 and persuade the New England colonies to secede from the Union, thus ensuring Britain stayed top nation for a lot longer.

Nyssa, Tegan, Ace - any other volunteers

(the next episode is set in a school and has Giles from Buffy as the HT - wonder what the satirical sub text will be?)

3. Inspirit

Inspirit Occasional commenter

A good question! I'll 'up' it until I think of a good reply ;-)

4. Oh I don't know where to start! And are we allowed to change history?

5. Changing history is absolutely allowed. Companions can be any known ones from the series, or other posters.

And I'll kick Nyssa off my crew, unless you want your own TARDIS.

6. i'd go back in time only to meet my parents by accident, have my mum lust after me and somehow i become attached to a mad prof who manages to get me back in one piece

this would be a good story for a film wouldn't it?

7. Two TARDISES (Tardisi?) could get confusing. But I do not want to be responsible for the removal of a crew member! Dilemmas dilemmas! can I just borrow it for a mo while I nip off to see Sharpe - and muse on this further?

8. I would go back to the date when me and Mr TL got married so we could do it all over again :)

9. oldsomeman

oldsomeman Star commenter

think i might go back to when i got maried and delayed it til id made love to all women lol

10. Well, TARDIS is an anacronym so I don't know what the plural would be. :S

Well, I would go back to being 18 on a weekend and pop back before the kids knew I was gone.

11. celtica, Nyssa is extremely annoying, she's only on my team because Miss CH likes that she's a princess.
    However, veryone gets their own TARDIS.

Plural of TARDIS is TARDIS. Yes, it is confusing.

Glad to see everyone has positive ideas. Tommy, you do realise the danger of turning into a teenage werewolf? Could be dangerous at your age.

If we're changing history, who would you rescue?

12. Hmmmmmmmm need to think about this one.

One of the things that I would do is to go back to see my dad in the army, or when he was alive and find out who and where my newly aqcuired half sister is!

13. Another possibility is going back to find out why the dinosaurs really died out (my theory is it was all those millenia of endless voiceovers from Kenneth Brannagh, sapped their will to live).

Perhaps we could bring back a couple of cute little velociraptors and release them into the wild.

14. In search of hedonism back to the 1920's.
    The Art Deco period is my favourite for style. Big bands for music. The Charleston. Marx Brothers live on stage. Steam trains and ocean liners. Real cars.
    Hanging, flogging and the swish of best cane.
    And just time to get a good belly full of caviar and smoked salmon before the 30's depression.
    Heaven!

15. I would go to a remote desert island with my husband and not come back.

16. Well - first trip is back to AD 62 to offer support to Boudicca in her fight against the Romans - those liars and destroyers of cultures. This time us Britons will win. And 'The Britons' will become a key history topic in schools.

17. Apart from the obvious lure of going back to last week with Saturday's lotto numbers...

I'd like to go to 1959 and be a sound engineer on the recording of a Kind of Blue.

I'd like to hear the "I have a dream" speech.

I want to go back 2000 years or so and see which of the current conspiracy theorists have it right (or not) about the life/death of Jesus and the Holy Grail.

I would then go forward to the last day of term and get on enjoying the summer holidays.

18. It would have to be the time of the pyramid building in egypt. Maybe introduce them to technologies that would make the job easier.

hey who knows maybe I will and thats why they are there???

19. Oh, CuriousHistory, I'm sorry you find me so annoying! (But I know what you mean. Still, at least I'm not as irritating as Adric...)

I'd like to meet meet Chaucer, he's the daddy.

20. I'd travel backwards in time only a few minutes and do something to prevent myself from discovering the TARDIS. Then I'd just sit down...inside the TARDIS that exists in my timeline...and wait to see what happens.