1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

If you had a premature baby . . .

Discussion in 'Personal' started by Robsia, Mar 31, 2011.

1. lindealea - thanks :)

2. The photos can be found with a simple search, their photos can be seen by the whole world. They must have agreed at some stage for them to be used in this way.

3. It's highly unethical and against copyright to use the ones from a google image search. Especially if the video is seen by a different audience and used for a different purpose.
    I thinks the sentiment in donating one for the cause id lovely, and will help those parents who do to feel part of the cause. I hope it goes really well.
    DG

4. The pictures on google are within the public domain and of course, may be used.
    Whether it is ethical or not, it is legal.
    However, I think the personal note is more special and can understand Robsia's reasons for asking for personal photos.
    I wish all of you running for a special cause strong legs and lungs and lots of sponsorship xxx

5. Only if the right to copyright is explicitly mentioned.
    If it is not, anything on the internet is public domain.

6. Mangleworzle

Mangleworzle Star commenter

Pffft! No it's not!

7. Mangleworzle

Mangleworzle Star commenter

Sorry CQ that's plain wrong.
    Copyright is automatic to the author irrespective of the medium of publication whether or not you claim copyright.
    Public Domain means it may be re-used freely not simply that it is freely available. Freely available material is not necessarily public domain.
    http://www.caret.cam.ac.uk/copyright/Page29.html