1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

If you could recommend only one resource, what would it be?

Discussion in 'New teachers' started by anon331, May 4, 2011.

1. I'm hopefully starting my PGCE in September and I've been looking around and there are so many different books, packs and other resources to buy, can't possibly buy them all! So I thought Id try and find out which ones are the best and worth getting. In your personal opinion, as a teacher or PGCE student, if you could only buy one, which would it be?

2. I'm hopefully starting my PGCE in September and I've been looking around and there are so many different books, packs and other resources to buy, can't possibly buy them all! So I thought Id try and find out which ones are the best and worth getting. In your personal opinion, as a teacher or PGCE student, if you could only buy one, which would it be?

3. The best book ever (in my opinion) is 'I am David' by Anne Fine. It can be so cross curricular, exciting, nail biting and engaging for children. I have used it as a basis for fictional writing in all KS2 year groups and it has never failed to engage the children. Look it up and buy it. You can get it cheap on ebay or amazon.
    Good luck

4. littlemissraw

littlemissraw Occasional commenter

I think one of the best things you can do it work with your PGCE colleagues in each making brilliant resources and then sharing them (rather than all having lots of okay resources). That way all your lives will be a bit easier. x

5. your colleagues on the course
    They are infinitly more valuable than any book or website - and you get out as much as you put in, so be prepared to share your resources as they share theirs