1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

If you could only eat one style of cooking for the rest of your life.............................

Discussion in 'Cookery' started by lapinrose, Aug 12, 2011.

1. lapinrose

lapinrose Lead commenter

...................which would you choose and why?

I think I'd go for Middle-Eastern, I know it's generalised but I can't decide between Lebanese, Jordanian, Palestinian and Syrian, and Iranian, all fantastic.

2. lapinrose

lapinrose Lead commenter

...................which would you choose and why?

I think I'd go for Middle-Eastern, I know it's generalised but I can't decide between Lebanese, Jordanian, Palestinian and Syrian, and Iranian, all fantastic.

3. oooh that's a tough call!

if only one I think I would choose italian - olives, tomatoes, herbs, cream garlic, fish, pasta, antipasta mmmmm but ... not sure really as I love Indian, Chinese, English, etc etc and variety is the spice of life!

4. I would have to choose Indian, I really couldn't imagine my life without curry and garlic naan.....

5. Very hard to decide. However one cuisine that I could permanently leave out would be Mexican.

6. Oooooh tough question!
    I love curries....but do I go for Indian...or Thai...or wait, what about the Jamaican and Singapore style...
    If I throw out Italian I never get to eat pasta again?....well most pasta....
    Where does chocolate come from?!!!! I'm not happy with a life without chocolate! Belgium? Switzerland?.. or do we have to go back to the Aztecs....so I keep South American cuisine?

I think I'll keep the cooking I grew up with ...so that would be German...sort of....That way I keep German cakes (it's my birthday in just over a week!)

7. anon468

anon468 New commenter

Oooooh, French every time for me!

8. bombaysapphire

bombaysapphire Star commenter

I think I'd have to go mediterrenean - Greek or Turkish. There is a lot of overlap.
    Salads, tomato, grilled meats and kebabs, lots of sea food, yoghurt mmmmmm.
    I would miss Indian most. I am already salivating over the thought of my sagwalla and garlic naan tomorrow night.

9. Si N. Tiffick

Si N. Tiffick Occasional commenter

Indian. I'm with otter- I'd not miss Mexican at all.

10. Ooooooooooooh!
    Thai? Indian? Lebanese (extended mix [​IMG])? Mexican would be on my list - but I worked for a real mexican lady in a mexican restaurant, so I know her family recipes.
    I don't know.... could I have 2? One for summer and one for winter?
    Summer would probably be Thai and winter English/French. So light curries, crunchy salads and seafood all summer and good hearty stews all winter!

Or..................... cos I have a couple of Tudor cookery books I might just stick with English and get the best of all worlds! Yup, that'll do me, Tudor English!!

11. This is a tricky one - whichever will allow me to eat aubergines and olives! Probably North African/Middle -Eastern. It has everything I love.

12. RJR_38

RJR_38 New commenter

I would probably have to stick with Italian.... but it's a difficult decision I have to say.

13. There's no such thing as Italian cooking. Each region has its own distinctive cuisine.
    I could live quite happily on the north-eastern cuisine of risotto, gnocci and pecorino, or Sicilian fresh produce and desserts but baccala? No thanks!

14. More lint, mini?

(sorry, couldn't resist - it's a comment I have already made on another thread. Mini seems to be having a pedantic day [​IMG])

15. egyptgirl

egyptgirl Senior commenter

Easy - Earth food.
    ...all the food from plantet Earth!
    [​IMG]

16. Oh you clever mare, you!
    *wanders off wondering why she didn't think of that and whether it would be curmudgeonly to mention the word planet*

17. egyptgirl

egyptgirl Senior commenter

How did I manage that?!
    That's what you get for trying to type and hold the world's wriggliest child.

18. No, it happens to be true.
    Ask an Italian.

19. lapinrose

lapinrose Lead commenter

Maybe the poster does mean all the types of Italian food?

20. Eva_Smith

Eva_Smith Established commenter

I could eat Mexican food happily for the rest of my life. I'd also happily live on Italian food (of any region) forever. Yummmm.