1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

If you are reading this then thank you!!!!

Discussion in 'Religious Education' started by Brummy Boy, Oct 23, 2011.

1. Brummy Boy

Brummy Boy New commenter

I thought I would take this chance on behalf of the subject of RE at TES Resources to thank you all for your contributions to the TES over the last year. As a comparison here are a few stats...

01/10/2010
    Resources count: 622
    Downloads: 409,534

21/10/2011
    Resources count: 2,046
    Downloads: 1,090,107

Despite not being one of Gove's favourites we have managed to upload more resources than the other Humanities and we have more downloads each year as well! Once again this proves what a highly supportive group of professionals that we are. On a number of occasions I have been able to find a quality lesson at the last minute and more importantly have found a sympathetic ear in the forums.

If you have read this message please leave a short message of support for the other RE teachers out there, young and not-so, who in this day and age are standing their ground and making sure that our young people get a well rounded education.

Many thanks and all the best

Chris

2. I'll second that!

Thank you to all those people who upload their fantastic resources, and share ideas and thoughts with others via the forum.
    [​IMG]

3. durgamata

durgamata Occasional commenter

Here Here! Our subject is absolutely crucial to a well rounded education - and to any hopes of building a better society and more peaceful world. It also contributes to self understanding and personal happiness.
    I believe that RE teachers are very special and face more in the way of difficulties than most other teachers, for many reasons. Gove is one of them.
    All best wishes to all of you. '
    'Perfect happiness is enthusiasm minus expectation.'
    'Spirituality without difficulty is an impossibility'
    'Be brave in order to be cheerful, Be cheerful in order to be brave.'
    The Brave Shall Gloriously Succeed.'
    aphorisms by Sri Chinmoy.

4. jerseyperson

jerseyperson New commenter

What a lovely post, Chris! I really have benefited in the last couple of years from these forums and the resources available are of an unbelievably high quality. I upload resources as often as I can and love getting feedback (just to echo Phallen's comments). I also leave comments as often as I can. My head of faculty is always dumbfounded when I'm talking about how RE teachers are responding to various issues. She's always impressed by what a supportive community we are and how happy we are to get stuck into a good debate. It makes me feel proud to be an RS teacher.

5. matryoshkadoll

matryoshkadoll Occasional commenter

I think that just being a part of such a committed and supportive community makes me feel proud. I love contributing new resources as well as finding hidden jems that give me even more great ideas to enthuse students and get them to consider the possibilities!

M

6. veni_vidi

veni_vidi New commenter

I echo this, as I wouldn't have been able to get through my PGCE last year without TES resources, many thanks to all!!![​IMG]

7. I will second that! This has been a fabulous place for me to find resorces and colleagues who have listened to me moan! As the only RE teacher in my school, I have found this to be so rewarding and some of the lessons I have used have been well recieved by the young people in my classes! Thank you![​IMG]

8. Yes this forum is invaluable and in the current climate so vital to RE teachers. I have been using this for the last 2 years or so and wish I had it earlier on in my career as it has been so useful and supportive. x

9. These forums keep me sane- you can always get the advice and help you need and the last minute brilliant lessons!!!