1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

If they had a whip round for the outgoing PM...

Discussion in 'Personal' started by Duke of York, May 24, 2019.

1. Duke of York

Duke of York Star commenter

How much would you be donating for her leaving present and what would you suggest the collection went on?

2. LondonCanary

LondonCanary Lead commenter

Nothing.
    As I would be donating nothing, I don't care.

artboyusa and needabreak like this.
  3. magic surf bus

magic surf bus Star commenter

[​IMG]

..assuming enough people donated.

4. Happygopolitely

Happygopolitely Established commenter

I would give her my utter thanks and appreciation for leading when all others ran, for supporting democracy when others subverted - and for carrying on for as long as she dared while lazy mps sat back and did nothing. An amazing pm who showed up mps for what they really are..

Oneshot likes this.
  5. towncryer

towncryer Senior commenter

I do not like May or her policies one bit, but she has to be admired for her sticking power in an extremely difficult situation. I think we might all come to appreciate her a lot more once we have experienced what is to come with the next PM whoever that may be, I sincerely hope I am wrong.

I don't think I would give anything. She doesn't need it. Maybe donate the money to one of the charities that have come about as the direct result of her awful policies.

6. colpee

colpee Star commenter

Pig-headedness is not an admirable quality in my book. Added to her bad judgement and complete lack of people skills, she was never going to be successful.

monicabilongame and hplovegame48 like this.
  7. Happygopolitely

Mmm...she faced pig headed mps everyday while she tried to support the people. Uk politics is not up to the job and I admire her greatly for standing up to all those mps and dared to show them a mirror of truth. Our mps failed to support the people, argued, couldn't even decide amongst themselves, left their own parties and sat lazy like on the comfortable lifestyles which they don't want to lose. So well done TM - she said it like it is. Brave, courageous and the only one who would lead.

Bedlam3 likes this.
  8. lexus300

lexus300 Star commenter

Nothing.

9. colpee

colpee Star commenter

To lead requires followers; she has virtually none, not in cabinet, not in parliament and not amongst the electorate. The ‘people’ overwhelmingly voted against her and removed her parliamentary majority, rightly seeing her as the cold uncompromising technocrat that she is. She is of a type that would shine in certain types of regime, but democracy is not for her.

10. Happygopolitely

You forget the 17.4 million voters then - as did many subversive mps? She stood up when Cameron, Boris and Gove ran off .. And Corbyn along with many Labour mps were never ever going to agree no matter what a Tory leader brought in . Truly an amazing woman to have put up with such weak mps for so very long.

Uk.politics is devisive and many of our mps too lazy, too rich and too unaccountable to care.

11. Morgelyn

Morgelyn New commenter

Nothing-austerity, you know.

12. LondonCanary

LondonCanary Lead commenter

Overwhelmingly voted against her is a bit harsh given she acheived a swing of +5.5% compared to the 2015 election and 42.4% of the vote compared to 36.9% under Cameron.

Happygopolitely likes this.
  13. sbkrobson

sbkrobson Star commenter

So-a quid, then?

( That's 0.15384615384 pence for each MP that she revealed to us in their true colours and the work that the revealing involved)

14. peakster

peakster Star commenter

She doesn't need the money.

Some WD-40 might be nice.

15. Duke of York

I expect she'd prefer some superglue to use on the locks to No 10 as she departs it.

16. peakster

peakster Star commenter

or some oil for her re-fit.

17. Duke of York

For all we know, she might as we type, be having the chairs in the cabinet office upholdered with whoopy cushions.

18. Happygopolitely

I hope you don't teach Maths dear.. Those subversive and cowardly mps come in droves lately. And Uk politics is a mess.

19. peakster

peakster Star commenter

Personally I'd mine all the floors and replace all the drinks with ****.

monicabilongame likes this.
  20. lexus300

lexus300 Star commenter

TM was a lousy negotiator, weak, transparent and ineffective against her EU opponents. Her deal was a half way house that pleased no one.