1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

If the world really is going to end tomorrow...

Discussion in 'Personal' started by gargoyle770, May 20, 2011.

1. ...I might as well eat the rest of the choccies! [​IMG]

2. kibosh

kibosh Star commenter

Don't be silly, save a square for me [​IMG]

3. magic surf bus

magic surf bus Star commenter

I'd better go and iron a clean pair of boxers.

4. kibosh

kibosh Star commenter

Let me clean them dry, first?

5. lardylegs

lardylegs Occasional commenter

Good grief, I'm going to have to stay up all night, baking.......

6. oldsomeman

oldsomeman Star commenter

Think id have to get ready for the expected rush of woman wanting to cuddle me as the event drew near.
    second thoughts..maybe i can be out riding on my bike! lol

7. giraffe

giraffe New commenter

No point in doing a big tidy-up in the living room, then.
    I can go shopping instead.
    Won't have to worry about where to put the 'stuff' - it will all be vapourised, won't it?

8. ditwee

ditwee New commenter

...should have finished that bottle of wine that I put back in the fridge then.
    Actually on a serious note I think that the parents who have told their children that they are all going to die today, that they should give up all worldly goods and make arrangements for their pets should be prosecuted for mental cruelty. Ruin your own lives by all means, but take away your children's future, dreams and hopes? How can that not be classed as abuse?

9. Meh, still here

10. ditwee

ditwee New commenter

'Tisn't 6pm yet. Too early for celebrations gargoyle.

11. Is Australia still standing?

12. lapinrose

lapinrose Lead commenter

It's the 21st December next year, actually!!

13. magic surf bus

That'll b*gger up the high street Christmas sales figures, but at least all the Druids will have a grandstand view of things.

14. My cousin in New Zealand posted on Facebook saying they were all still alive past 6pm!! Haha! Remember when we were all supposed to get sucked into a Black Hole a couple of years ago? These theories always make me chuckle!

15. gudrun

gudrun New commenter

well if the world does end at 11 tonight...at least Wolves left this earth as a Premier League Football Team

16. Milkandchalk

Milkandchalk New commenter

Had quite a few very worried children at school yesterday because some of our more lovely Primary 7s told them that the world was ending and they were all going to die!
    Lots of tears too.
    Charming children

17. I know my year 8s will ask me all about it on Monday morning. Half of them believe the 'the world will end in 2012' *** as well.

18. magic surf bus

Apparently we came quite close in November 1983 when the USSR misinterpreted intelligence from a NATO exercise called Able Archer, and nearly launched a nuclear strike on the West.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Able_Archer_83

A couple of years later came the Norwegian Rocket Incident:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Norwegian_rocket_incident

And don't get even me started on the asteroid near miss of August 1998.

Funny how the doom prophets never foresee those incidents and keep digging around in The Bible.

19. Yes, gudrun and thery're only showing the match live on Sky.....can I borrow anyone's nails. :¬((

Still, if they go down , next season will be one of joy and victory rather than another one of frustration and gloom.

20. The world did end, in a significant number of quantum realities. Science comes to the rescue of loony doomsayers. Ironic, eh?

cyolba, dumping his rubbish into a convenient wormhole :)