1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

If only teaching posts were advertised with this honesty!

Discussion in 'Personal' started by BelleDuJour, Jan 20, 2019.

1. BelleDuJour

BelleDuJour Star commenter

I found this ad on a horsey site on FB that I comment on. This is legit BTW.

What if teaching vacancies, or indeed any vacancies in schools, were advertised with the same honesty!

Potentially looking for someone to join the team. Must have experience in handling hormonal women, a highly strung puff and stallions and youngsters.

Job entails usual yard duties, helping with the youngsters and breakers. I’ll still be the canon fodder.

Handling stallions

Be able to tack up and wash off horses

Live in position available

We have competition horses and competition stallions. I can’t stress enough the ability to handle horny horses during stud season is a MUST

Contact me via FB or psychic medium

PS a sense of humour is a must.
    PPS must love pigs but not sexually
    Must be able to stand own ground with geese
    Must give cuddles to goats

2. nomad

nomad Star commenter

One local school advertised for a deputy head who was "more Miss Honey than Miss Trunchbull" and was reprimanded by the local authority.

3. Ivartheboneless

Ivartheboneless Star commenter

Was that job title "horse w*nker"?

agathamorse and Mangleworzle like this.
  4. chelsea2

chelsea2 Star commenter

Is that because they thought the school needed a Miss Trunchbull? ;)

agathamorse and Jamvic like this.
  5. Mangleworzle

Mangleworzle Star commenter

We used to invent job ads at lunchtime at school while sat around.

e.g.

"Bog standard teacher required for bog standard school. Will turn up on time and take minimal time off, not interested in climbing greasy poles or coming up with initiatives for anyone else to do and add to their own cv. Must be likable to kids, parents and colleagues in the school, always good for a laugh and good at baking one particular item very well that they bring in for everyone a couple of times a year."

6. Ivartheboneless

Ivartheboneless Star commenter

We always said that job descriptions should also contain the clause "must be willing to have the handle of a broom shoved up their ar*e to facilitate sweeping up during moving around the premises"

7. BelleDuJour

Don't you just love the way schools are all looking for 'outstanding teachers'?
    Think about it......take your time.........

nomad, Laphroig, agathamorse and 2 others like this.
  8. JosieWhitehead

JosieWhitehead Star commenter

No, I'm not impressed. It's not that I don't have a sense of humour, but I think that honesty can be a straightforward advertisement, telling the teacher exactly what work they are advertising. I don't think it is the place to make fun of difficult pupils. Sorry for my frank opinion. I'd look for something more business-like.

9. sadscientist

sadscientist Senior commenter

Given that they're probably paying tuppence ha'penny an hour (less board and lodging), applicants will need a sense of humour.

agathamorse likes this.
  10. blazer

blazer Star commenter

11. irs1054

irs1054 Star commenter

Go to the interview in a pink dayglo jacket.

12. BelleDuJour

I don't get what you are saying.
    The ad was for yard staff in a stables.
    Nothing has been said about making fun of difficult pupils or have I missed something?

13. les25paul

les25paul Star commenter

That reminds of the winning scarecrow in the scarecrow competition at the local village fete.

It was "outstanding" in its field.

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

14. JosieWhitehead

Oh, wake me up. It's been a hard day's night, ha ha - although I think some teenagers could be classed as noisy and lively stallions of course.

Jamvic, Jesmond12 and BelleDuJour like this.
  15. silkywave

silkywave Lead commenter

I’ve never read a teacher vacancy that didn’t ask for an “enthusiastic teacher”? As if you would want an unenthusiastic one ? Although there are a lot of those about now, mainly due to exhaustion.

JosieWhitehead and agathamorse like this.
  16. lexus300

lexus300 Star commenter

Brilliant advert. Can I apply;)

17. BelleDuJour

LOL!

agathamorse likes this.
  18. JosieWhitehead

I'd rather that they advertised their 'enthusiastic bunch of students' instead.

19. Oldfashioned

Oldfashioned Senior commenter

When I see an ad like this I'll definitely be applying. Why does nobody just want a teacher to teach?