1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

if one more person tells me.....

Discussion in 'Personal' started by blissy, Sep 7, 2011.

1. I wish it was just a broken bone.....

to be honest if the op had been 4 weeks into term I may be in a position to agree with you, but as is.......

2. Oh you poor darling!
    Broken bones is a bad thing and surgery is also bad...
    don't forget that a general anaesthetic depresses the whole of your nervous system and takes 4 to 6 weeks to properly disperse so can add to feelings of gloom and helplessness
    Now I am not saying that to be negative - quite the opposite - your glumness is to be expected post-op.
    So try to recognise your negativity as part of your post-op recovery time and concentrate on trying out-think your fed-up feelings and frustrations.
    Not marvellous help, I know - but give yourself a chance and try to stop feeling guilty and cross about not being in work.
    Seek out things to do - books you've always wanted to read, films you've always wanted to see stuff like that which you can do while not mobile.
    And remember each day is a day nearer to normal and recovered, a day nearer to getting back into work and doing all those other things you want to do.
    I hope you start to feel better soon

Em

3. Richie Millions

Richie Millions New commenter

Learning to truly relax is very difficult indeed. For those continuously in employment leading busy family lives the real first chance is retirement and many do struggle horrendously with this when it comes even though it may have seemed like a beautiful dream from a distance.

Finding time to actually think (meditation) is the key. A skill you might not learn in 6 weeks.

4. Thank you Mrs Peel for your kind words. I had been warned about the side effects of the General Anasethic (possibly losing the ability to spell?) but i suppose you never quite know how you will react!?

I have just ordered a box set DVD to keep me going for a few days and I've done a rallying call at school for some books to read - and I think the first delivery of those is coming tomorrow with a friend (from school) who is coming for a cuppa.

I'll get there - but one step (or not!) at a time!
    xx