1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

If one door closed, and another opened........

Discussion in 'Personal' started by LaureRichis, Jan 28, 2012.

1. Every day is a series of little doors and choices, it's just that some take a little more thinking about whether to go through!
    If you do open the door and go through then you should never regret your choice!

2. Spanakopita

Spanakopita New commenter

Why not?

3. Dunteachin

Dunteachin Star commenter

I tend to find that one door opens and another slams in your face [​IMG]

4. magic surf bus

magic surf bus Star commenter

Toss a coin. Heads = door 1. Tails = door 2.

Alternatively, toss a coin beforehand to decide if you'll use the toss of a coin to make the choice.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous New commenter

The cat from Norway got stuck in the doorway!

6. lindenlea

lindenlea Star commenter

So do we not have free will? Or "is all for the best in the best of all possible worlds". I certainly don't agree with either of those ideas. The OP has choices to make, and doing nothing is of course a choice, and it may or may not bring her what she wants. She has to use her judgement and then be responsible for her choices and if she is not happy with the outcomes then she might well live to regret them - that's life!

7. magic surf bus

magic surf bus Star commenter

Not Schrödinger's cat by any chance? He had problems with alternative futures.

8. InkyP

InkyP Star commenter

The cat from France liked to sing and dance.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous New commenter

The cat from Greece joined the police.

10. because regret is a waste of time. You can learn from poor choices and it is those bad choices as much as the safe choices that build our character.
    You can never know whether the 'other door' would have been a better choice because you can't rewind and relive your life!
    Crikey-I find myself sounding like an old hippy! Think it's time for a drink!

11. Anonymous

Anonymous New commenter

And so is going through the wrong door!

12. Ruthie66

Ruthie66 New commenter

The cat from Spain flew an aeroplane

13. Ouch! I am getting a headache! This is all getting too deep!
    Is it okay if I drop down through a trapdoor for further contemplation?

14. Anonymous

Anonymous New commenter

But my cat likes to hide in boxes.

15. but what if there is a choice of two boxes?

16. sparkleghirl

sparkleghirl Star commenter

Hmm, but what if one door slams in your face then the same door appears to open again- just a crack - some time later....?

Do you push it open? Or do you just close it again and make sure it catches properly this time?

17. Anonymous

Anonymous New commenter

It's OK. I have two cats.

18. modelmaker

modelmaker Occasional commenter

I'm intesrested to learn how the adventurous posters will feel if the hinges on these doors sound like the doors in horror films do when they are opened and a dark tunnel is revealed. There might be spiders and rats inside that tunnel.
    And people who say Boo!

19. stopwatch

stopwatch Established commenter

..... and here's another version, you go to the new door happy for the new opportunity and you thought it would open but it's locked.
    F8ck it!

20. sparkleghirl

sparkleghirl Star commenter

So my door creaked open a bit further today. Do I open it and go through or close it quickly before it's too late?
    If I stand here ditherting I risk getting my fingers jammed.