1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

If OFSTED did Christmas.......

Discussion in 'Personal' started by blazer, Dec 9, 2019.

1. blazer

blazer Star commenter

2. chelsea2

chelsea2 Star commenter

3. Jamvic

Jamvic Star commenter

Brilliant. :D

agathamorse likes this.
  4. Jamvic

Jamvic Star commenter

Love this bit. :D

At the heart of the EIF is the new ‘quality of Christmas’ judgement, the purpose of which is to put a single conversation about Christmas at the centre of inspection. This conversation draws together:

*standards of decorations

*brightness of glitter

*sprout feedback

*quality of wrapping.

The framework also states that by New Year’s Eve, all Christmas marking and assessment must be responded to in writing. This can be in the form of thank you letters but may be a single written comment. For example, “You are right, I should not have eaten the entire contents of my sister’s selection box just before lunch. Next year I will hide it until Boxing Day.”

agathamorse likes this.
  5. Dragonlady30

Dragonlady30 Star commenter

FAB!!! :D

Jamvic and agathamorse like this.
  6. BertieBassett2

BertieBassett2 Star commenter

Very amusing - I love the ‘sprout feedback’!

Jamvic, Dragonlady30 and agathamorse like this.
  7. Norsemaid

Norsemaid Lead commenter

Thank you for sharing . I love the how many people will be needed to help the cook stay in their feet to make the gravy and of course the warning that next year the objectives will be different :p:D

8. friedgreentomatoes

friedgreentomatoes Lead commenter

Ha! That's great, thanks for sharing it!

9. Over_the_hill

Over_the_hill Star commenter

Very funny, brightened my Monday thank you!

Jamvic likes this.
  10. hhhh

hhhh Lead commenter

Who remembers when all teachers would have thought this no more far-fetched than the Ofsteds we now have to endure? That's another point-surely it should fail on FBV, as it considers xmas purely in terms of glitter and sprouts, and does not talk about how it might mean something different to some people...I suppose it sums up how education has been changed from something meaningful and vital to a series of pointless tick-box exercises (dancing penguin with Santa hat emoji).

agathamorse likes this.