1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

If I were a GTP provider ...

Discussion in 'Trainee and student teachers' started by robynsmith, Feb 13, 2011.

1. May I suggest, for your sanity, you stay well clear of the prospective student teachers page!
    I would say a lot of people who ask questions probably have done their own research and planning etc but come on here for reassurance, especially if they don't know teachers themselves and just take advice on here with well just not as the gospel and that people could not be totally right. That's what I do anyway, but the majority of posters are very helpful and useful I have found!

2. Well I am a GTP provider and very happy to help with simple or complex queries. Often candidates have well formulated ideas about why they want to go into teaching but understandably feel anxious about the rigorous interview process. I'd much rather they sought reassurance here than have nobody to turn to on the weekend before interviews.

3. welshwizard

welshwizard Established commenter Forum guide

I think the lack of information reflects the very mixed messages about GTP put out by the TDA. Having reread their web pages recently they are very uninformative and leaves everyone with the impression that teacher training simply requires the sending of a few emails.
    No where do they tell the full story that GTP operates on very limited numbers and is very dependent upon the area you live in