1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

If I was to buy only one resource, what would you recommend?

Discussion in 'Primary' started by anon331, May 4, 2011.

1. I'm hopefully starting my PGCE in September and I've been look ing around and there are so many different books, packs and other resources to buy. In your personal opinion, as a teacher or PGCE student, if you could only buy one, which would it be?

2. I'm hopefully starting my PGCE in September and I've been look ing around and there are so many different books, packs and other resources to buy. In your personal opinion, as a teacher or PGCE student, if you could only buy one, which would it be?

3. Lara mfl 05

Lara mfl 05 Star commenter

I doubt at this stage you could just buy one resource.
    You'll find lots of resources which you personally like & others you hate. That's the whole point of the course, finding out what works for you.
    When you start you'll do doubt ge given a long list of essential books/resources. (When I was at college , we got a group of people on the same course. Then we looked at the list, decided who would buy what & shared them - much less expensive!)
    Best advice I can give is to but a datastick/external hard-drive for your computer, download resources as you come across them & then when you've worked out which work for you & which ones to adapt you can just delete the ones you don't need.

4. sounds interesting.... author? what do you like about them?

(sorry, my keyboard's gone wrong hence no capitals)