1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

If I should ever.............. please kill me.

Discussion in 'Personal' started by magic surf bus, Jan 24, 2012.

1. ShowerGel

ShowerGel Lead commenter

Call my man/boyfriend/husband Other Half (puke) or Partner (puke)
    Buy a black or fancy frilly bra instead of a lovely beige/skin coloured one which won't show when I wear one of my many white tops particularly to school where I certainly don't want my bra to show.
    Please also shoot me if I get so fat I can't walk/run/dance/climb hills/roam beaches and be reasonably healthy. (touch wood and thank you God I'm healthy at the mo.)

2. you are my new best friend!

3. Y'know, that's how my hair goes naturally when short!
    Shoot me if I ever cut my hair!
    .....if I ever start being 'the norm'.
    .....if I ever start **** licking.

4. ShowerGel

ShowerGel Lead commenter

Husband is the only okay name I think so too - everyone'll have to get married.

5. acertainsomething

acertainsomething Occasional commenter

6. Develop dementia -( I already put the new pack of felt pens in the fridge today)
    Let the odd chin hair grow into a female beard.
    Decide to give up wine.
    Wear sensible shoes.

7. inky

inky Lead commenter

That one will return to bite you!

8. It will, it will! [​IMG]
    I dread having to 'dress up' these days. It means I have to wear shoes I wouldn't wear most of the time! There is nothing worse than uncomfortable shoes...well, there is...but comfy, sensible shoes are a blessing! They don't have to be 'granny shoes' either....
    Like Kittylion, I need a gun. I go to M&S for quite a bit of my stuff. Per Una has a good range ...
    I agree with the curly perm or 'Harrod's Helmet' dreadful hairstyles though!

9. smoothnewt

smoothnewt Star commenter

I wonder if I am alone in being female in our society and having come more than fifty years through life without having ever worn stilettos. I only ever buy shoes for comfort, heels a maximum of one inch. When I was a teenager I wore platforms, but more wedge-like than anything else. I usually wear trousers when having to "dress up" as I really am not prepared to buy shoes I will hardly ever wear.
    And I am guilty of buying the odd M&S elasticated-waist trousers. I bought some this morning - black and wide-leg, very easy to wear for school and comfortable. Actually, very stylish. I have even bought one or two items in the "classic" range that look really nice on. I do believe that we should be guided by what we like, and what suits our age and shape, and these items can be found in a good many places. It is best not to be too prescriptive, I find.

10. magic surf bus

magic surf bus Star commenter

You wait until the siren call of the ever comfy elasticated waist is calling you onto the rocks of middle age... just you wait. ;-)

As for Radio 2 - who do you think's going to be playing the music of your youth in 20 years' time eh? Radio 1?

11. ShowerGel

ShowerGel Lead commenter

...........................listen to Radio 2..........................
    ...........................wear elasticated trousers.............
    *Just eat less - I know it's hard

12. Cestrian

Cestrian New commenter

Waddyamean?! We've just followed the presenters we used to listen to on Radio 1!!

13. sparkleghirl

sparkleghirl Star commenter

:)

14. inky

inky Lead commenter

Sorry to my posting pals who've used it on this thread, but comfy is a word I dread. I'll be militantly comfortable till the very end!
    For myself, totally sexless dressing of the pastel anoraks and slacks variety is what I fear. I don't want to dress like a young woman but neither do I want to make myself conveniently invisible.

15. smoothnewt

smoothnewt Star commenter

No no no! You can have the odd elasticated waist, comfy shoes, and still pull off a good look without resorting to invisibility. One of my male seventeen year old tutees recently commented that I always dressed well. I took that as a compliment.

16. ShowerGel

ShowerGel Lead commenter

God help me too if I ever do that.
    Also please kill me if I ever say Junior ShowerGel or any such p u k e sounding rererence to my children

17. OOH! You beat me to it. Detest that too.

18. ShowerGel

ShowerGel Lead commenter

It's good to know I'm not the only one who feels like throwing up when I read Mr ShowerGel (we are soooo close) and the little replica of us/me Baby ShowerGel[​IMG]

19. henriette

henriette New commenter

it wouldn't suit you!

20. joli2

joli2 New commenter

If I ever say any of the following
    simples
    my bad
    hun
    babe
    DS/DD/DH