1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

'If I had a penny for every time I'd heard that....'

Discussion in 'Supply teaching' started by susiec08, Mar 2, 2012.

1. You're not a PROPER teacher, you're just a supply!
    My reply- I am a proper teacher I just go to lots of different schools because I like to meet lots of different children because it makes my week really exciting ( and inside I'm screaming I want my own class!!!!)

If you can't find the plans just do what you want ( this is at 8.20 so 15 mins to cobble together Maths and literacy)

You don't mind doing break duty do you..............

2. Oops, bad formatting, sorry.

3. magic surf bus

magic surf bus Star commenter

"If I don't go to the toilet NOW I will wet myself!"

"She's got woman's problems - you're a man, you don't understand." (So much for the decade spent raising two daughters through their teens)

"I didn't have my phone out"

"No you WON'T take my phone off me"

"I wasn't playing games" (with the game website now minimised on the computer's taskbar)

"He's just turned my computer off"

"My computer's lost all my work" (..and who was controlling the computer?)

"I'm late because I was talking to Miss [insert name here]"

"We have to go early for a sports/dance/music practice"

"Are you a REAL teacher?" (No, I'm a cardboard cut out teacher)

"Well Sir always lets us have headphones in our ICT lessons" (Would that be the same Sir who's now off with stress?)

"I've had enough of this *#X%!! I'm off to the [insert acronym of exclusion/inclusion/SEN room here]!!"