1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

If I get signed off sick.......?

Discussion in 'Pregnancy' started by ns324, Aug 3, 2012.

1. Hi Peapod43, if you get signed off any time after 36 weeks they yes the school can start your maternity leave straight away - it wouldn't affect the pay you would recieve - you would just start maternity pay sooner, and obviously towards the end, you would have longer on just just SMP if you plan to go back at the same time.

P.S - why not pop pver to Autumn babies 2012 and join us! You're due only a few weeks after me, and you can add yourself to the list!

2. no it wouldn't impact on your maternity pay as sick pay is full pay so you'd still be on full pay in terms of calculating maternity pay. and yes they could force you to start your maternity leave at 36 weeks but no sooner x

3. Thank you both for your replies. I really appreciate it and at least I will be armed with knowledge should I have to signed off! Good luck to both of you x