1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

If humans retained their tails

Discussion in 'Personal' started by Duke of York, Nov 8, 2015.

1. Duke of York

Duke of York Star commenter

Would you wish yours to be on display or prefer to hide it? Do you think you'd wag it to show pleasure like a dog does, or mimic cats by expressing annoyance with your tail?

2. kibosh

kibosh Star commenter

Like this (at 50 seconds)?

3. midnight_angel

midnight_angel Senior commenter

Ooh, I'd love a tail! Would definitely display it, then wrap it around my feet to keep them warm when I'm in bed.

cissy3 likes this.
  4. grumpydogwoman

grumpydogwoman Star commenter

I think we'd have to dock them. Like my elderly cocker. We'd be knocking the wine glass off the coffee table!

And trousers? Nightmare!

cissy3 likes this.
  5. cuteinpuce

cuteinpuce Star commenter

Can you imagine what the creeps would get up to with their tails on crowded tube trains? Yuck.

midnight_angel and cissy3 like this.
  6. kibosh

kibosh Star commenter

I'd quite like a tail for hanging from branches. I'd also like a long fluffy one that could second as a scarf or a fan.

rachelpaula008 and cissy3 like this.
  7. foxtail3

foxtail3 Star commenter

Maybe a detachable fluffy one, to use as a scarf or hand warmer when necessary, but removable whilst in the house, to avoid the nightmare scenario of knocking the wine from the table.

It could be reattached for dusting purposes, should a person wish to.

8. cissy3

cissy3 Star commenter

I'm afraid I can't comment on what I would do with a tail.

emilystrange and midnight_angel like this.
  9. grumpydogwoman

It'd make hurdling very difficult. And woe betide you if you let your tail rest on someone else's seat on the tube or bus. And it's an extra thing to have to dry after a shower or bath. Can you sleep on your back? No.

foxtail3 likes this.
  10. rachelpaula008

rachelpaula008 Star commenter

It depends on how high maintenance it'd be. But I've spotted a gap in the market. RP's Tail and Grooming Beauty Parlour. No job too small and I'd give you a free hot beverage AND loyalty card.

11. jacob

jacob Lead commenter

As we lost a lot of hair during evolution it would be a hideous bald thing, like a giant rats tail. Shudder.

xena-warrior and grumpydogwoman like this.
  12. irs1054

irs1054 Star commenter

[​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG]
    Just some ideas from the master of tails.

kibosh, InkyP, bombaysapphire and 2 others like this.
  13. grumpydogwoman

upload_2015-11-8_16-49-51.png

No. I'd rather not. Sorry. Cute kid but......

14. Jolly_Roger1

Jolly_Roger1 Star commenter

Lavatory seats would have to be redesigned!

15. monicabilongame

monicabilongame Star commenter

Could be handy for wiping your bum tho, if it could curl round a wodge of loo roll....

16. Duke of York

Duke of York Star commenter

Nevertheless, it would present another opportunity for part of the body to be stylishly clothed. I could imagine tail socks would be an ideal Christmas gift.

17. jacob

jacob Lead commenter

"Willie warmers" were all the rage at one time.

18. Jolly_Roger1

Jolly_Roger1 Star commenter

Only if your tail was prehensile. If we had tails, I wonder whether we would wear them outside of our clothing, or tuck them inside.

19. magic surf bus

magic surf bus Star commenter

If humans had cat tails that would be quite amusing, because cats express frustration and exasperation by flicking their tails from side to side.

Imagine the start of term INSET day when the HT's anointed one got up to wade through their cherished Powerpoint about target data, and saw the assembled throng disappear under a forest of rapidly flicking tails.

cissy3 likes this.