1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

If a student swears at you, what happens in your school?

Discussion in 'Behaviour' started by alfieroberts, Nov 22, 2008.

1. tgom

tgom New commenter

We have had pupils swear directly to staff and about other staff when talking to others. All that happens is a behaviour slip and a 'talking to' by the head teacher.

agathamorse and pepper5 like this.
  2. Faith1980

Faith1980 New commenter

Sworn at or threatened by a pupil = little or nothing is done.
    Sworn at by a parent = nothing is done...

3. SEBREGIS

SEBREGIS Lead commenter

4. averagedan

averagedan Occasional commenter

Minimum of a day in internal exclusion for a comment about you, swearing AT you is far more harshly dealt with. An apology is always extracted.

5. binaryhex

binaryhex Lead commenter

If a student swears at you, what happens in your school?

In my last few UK academies, fuc# all.

6. genb

genb New commenter

This happens in my primary class, playground,generally around the school most days to me and others.
    Honestly, very little happens. I yellow card to have the child removed, they refuse to go and ruin a lesson for half an hour. Finally they leave and they are back and happy in an hour. No real punishment or apology.
    Of course swear at SLT and the consequence is a little more.

7. feather

feather New commenter

Assaulted by a pupil outside school while shopping. Pupil back in school head refused to do anything about it. I was then assaulted by the same pupil inside school. Gave my notice in the same day and left the school immediately. Then Stoke on Trent City Council wonders why it can't keep teaching staff - that's any staff good, bad, indifferent any staff and certainly will not be able to attract any more wonderful staff from any where else. You have been warned.

Happyregardless likes this.