1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

IES schools in Sweden

Discussion in 'Teaching overseas' started by kjsam, Mar 26, 2011.

1. Hello all,
    I have an interview next weekend for a science position in Sweden and am frantically trying to gather as much info as possible! I've done some searches and found out about salaries and the high cost of living in Sweden, but I'm interested in what the students and staff are like. How is teacher turnover? How about the students, are they interesting in learning? I'm used to American students where teaching often takes a backseat to management :)
    If anyone has some current info or has experience with IES schools could you please send me a PM? I'd love to get a better idea of what I could be getting myself into! Thanks all for your help!

2. Hello all,
    I have an interview next weekend for a science position in Sweden and am frantically trying to gather as much info as possible! I've done some searches and found out about salaries and the high cost of living in Sweden, but I'm interested in what the students and staff are like. How is teacher turnover? How about the students, are they interesting in learning? I'm used to American students where teaching often takes a backseat to management :)
    If anyone has some current info or has experience with IES schools could you please send me a PM? I'd love to get a better idea of what I could be getting myself into! Thanks all for your help!

3. Hi there! Just wondering how you got on with your interview. I have just recently accepted a job to work with IES, and I had an interview at around the same time as you. I am currently struggling to find a place to live in Stockholm. I'm reading all the information everyone's put up, but I don't think I'll really know what it's like until I'm there.
    Thought I'd ask how you got on with your interview and if you decided to go ahead with the move.