1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

iep's statements etc...

Discussion in 'Special educational needs' started by legoearth, Mar 30, 2012.

1. legoearth

legoearth New commenter

Can anybody help? I've been talking to some ta's from different schools today and it's very interesting to see how differently things are done. One school has put a lot of year 6s on temporary IEPs for the run up to SATS. Is this common? The ta said they had one parent comlain because she had been asking for support for her child for four years and got nothing until now! Could this parent complain to the LA? Is it purely a school decision to put children on or off IEPs? I know statements are a different thing but what about action plus and intensive, is the support that these titles imply compulsory? I actually am surprised how little I know about these matters when I have supported SEN pupils for years!

2. legoearth

legoearth New commenter

Can anybody help? I've been talking to some ta's from different schools today and it's very interesting to see how differently things are done. One school has put a lot of year 6s on temporary IEPs for the run up to SATS. Is this common? The ta said they had one parent comlain because she had been asking for support for her child for four years and got nothing until now! Could this parent complain to the LA? Is it purely a school decision to put children on or off IEPs? I know statements are a different thing but what about action plus and intensive, is the support that these titles imply compulsory? I actually am surprised how little I know about these matters when I have supported SEN pupils for years!

3. Wotton

Wotton Lead commenter

Don't understand what they hope to achieve by this there is no advantage to be gained in sats.