1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Identikit pictures - anyone know of a website?

Discussion in 'Modern foreign languages' started by mkid, Feb 1, 2010.

1. mkid

mkid New commenter

I´m wondering if there exists anywhere a tool to create 'Identikit' pictures to use when making 'Wanted' posters.

2. Try this:

http://flashface.ctapt.de/

3. FrauSue

FrauSue New commenter

Dominic - thanks for the tip. That's a great site. I can imagine doing pair work where one pupil has to build a face according to the other's description, etc.

4. It's a great idea and goes back a long time. Does anyone remember the BBC Micro programs "Quelle Tête" and "Kopfjäger" that were produced by Cambridge University Press in the 1980s? A colleague of mine used to get one student to operate the keyboard of the computer with the image projected on a large screen, while the class tried to describe a wanted person (in French or in German). It was a useful oral activity.
    The CD-ROM "All in One Language Fun" and the "Encounters" CD-ROM series produced by the TELL Consortium in the mid-1990s included similar activities, e.g. in "Encounters":
    "Wer is der Dieb?" in the German version
    "¿Quién es el ladrón?" in the Spanish version
    "Qui est le voleur?" in the French version
    http://www.camsoftpartners.co.uk/encounters.htm
    The "Encounters" series is still around - all these years later!
    Graham Davies

5. lunarita

lunarita Established commenter

6. Google "create your own simpsons character". I haven't tried it yet and obviously the site is in English but would be fun to create characters to describe in mfl.

7. mkid

mkid New commenter

Thanks everyone.
    Dominic's suggestion is really good. Just like the police version!

8. Thanks, it was very good