1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Ideas to help me keep going to the end of term

Discussion in 'Early Years' started by Loony tunes, Jul 6, 2011.

1. Loony tunes

Loony tunes New commenter

Please.....x

2. Not long to go, but here are a few that has worked for me:
    clay, gloop, smelly dough.
    pot pourri in the water, bath gel in the water.
    Hidden treasure in the sand, record sheets for what they found.
    real life drawing (fish, fruit, insects, etc)
    painting with water outside.
    make a snail garden, record what they see, draw what they see.
    get something the children can fix, take apart - door locks, an old bike - give them screw drivers from Christmas crackers.
    Good Luck

3. bettyboop82

bettyboop82 New commenter

Box work?! We asked the parents to bring in all of the 'junk' they could (kitchen roll innards, egg boxes, bottle tops, boxes etc) put them in the creative area with glue, tape, etc and let them get stuck in constructing whatever they wanted to (vehicles, building, robots, castles, etc) once constructed the children can paint them and write labels for them before having a big 'show and tell' session at the end of the week with a prize for the winner (voted for by children). very little adult support needed

4. Collages made from all the scaps of paper, material etc you have lying around waiting to be chucked.
    Getting them to wash and sort out the resource boxes, eg lego, sticklebricks dolls, small world stuff , etc in the water tray then drying them.My classes love doing this.
    Getting them to test/sort out all the felt tips that do and do not work by doodling in groups on large paper .
    Hope this helps.

5. Elsie Teacher

Elsie Teacher New commenter

I was in a pound shop and spotted some of those magic painting books, where you just brush on water. i remember enjoying these as a child. I know they are not very ' EYFS,' in that the shapes are already drawn, but hey! Our watercolours are ready for the bin and we won't have any more until September. I've cut the books up into separate sheets and I'm saving them for a desperate moment!
    We've made playdough for the new Reception, we've painted the shed with glittery water and we've drawn designs for a new homecorner. We too are going to have a mammouth spring clean using the water tray and unsuspecting Barbies etc!
    Lovely time of year for a lesson observation - not!

6. Loony tunes

Loony tunes New commenter

Sorry for my delay in replying - I'vebeen fighting to get my reports finished! Thank you for all your fab ideas. Not long now!!